ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
CIS Canon Pixma MP610 Colour Problem urgent please help!
Post CIS Canon Pixma MP610 Colour Problem urgent please help! 
hey im new to here and new to CIS systems so any help will be very much appreciated,

i have connected my CIS system at first had a problem with the ink feeding through but i seem to have sorted that apart from the pigmant black, theres ink in the cartridge and the tube just doesnt seem to print on the nozzle check correctly and is very faded.

my other problem is when printing colour some colours dont print and looks like someof the pic is printed inverted due to this i believe.

if any help can be offered many thanks. Smile

http://www.geocities.com/cloud.degiorgio/help.jpg

I'm not familiar with your MP610 as to its dimensions and how high the ink cartridges are, but here is a quick thing to try.

Raise your printer. That's right, put your printer up on something that is 1 inch or 2 inches thick. Leave the CIS bottles on the table.
Give it some work to clear up the problem. It may take a page or two to straighten things out.

A distinctly possible problem is that the ink in your CIS bottles is too high. This will cause a strange malfunction in the printhead and it will look like you are not getting enough ink flow. In fact, you may be getting a positive pressure at the print head and it needs a slight negative pressure to function properly.

If raising the printer does not help, say so, and others who know your specific printer may come along with ideas.

hey many thanks buddy worked a treat that seemed to be the problem, didnt relise having the CIS system one insh or so off the table would do that :s but thanks alot

hey many thanks buddy worked a treat that seemed to be the problem, didnt relise having the CIS system one insh or so off the table would do that :s but thanks alot

Yup... it's something that was found out with the iP3000 but not recognised as a troubleshooting tip until about 6 months ago.

although that worked with the colours and black the pigmant black dont seem to be working still, any other help please?

thanks ppl

although that worked with the colours and black the pigmant black dont seem to be working still, any other help please?

This could be a number of things.

1. Your PigBK cartridge is empty (always worth checking Smile)
2. That part of the printhead has failed as a result of no ink getting through
(the Canon jet is a hot process and can burn out the head if there's no ink to cool it)
3. The printhead has become clogged either with air bubbles or with dried ink..

Hard to know which is the actual cause...

HAHA god damn CIS systems lol now thats working the blues not working wont print blue although prints it in the check nozzle, everythings coming out reddy aswell.

god damn thing any soloution manual for these bloody things lol

HAHA god damn CIS systems lol now thats working the blues not working wont print blue although prints it in the check nozzle, everythings coming out reddy aswell.

Ok... One thing I learned the hard way was that too much fiddling and frustrating creates more problems and variables than it solves. So, if you're in rant mode, step back, walk away, do something else, come back another day. Seriously... and any attempt to point out that I don't take my own advice 75% of the time will be met with a blank "La! La! I'm not listening" expression Wink

Right... now as to your problem, it's likely the redish tint is down to the magenta working and cyan not so don't fret that. As to the Cyan... take your time, check the variables that went before and change one, test, wait half an hour and then repeat... Then reset, and try and other variable... It's the stuff of nightmares for the impatient but if it helps I spent nearly a year trying to figure out the over-pressure issue. It was worth it in the end!

Quote:
god damn thing any soloution manual for these bloody things lol

I wish!... best I can offer is these forums.. Smile

thanks i do tend to step back after getting fustrated after a while but will retrace over my steps and try again

well still no luck and have now run out of yellow have nearly run out of all other inks aswell just trying to get this thing working, now its not printing anything at all.

i was advised to clean the system out with distiled water buy the company i purchased it off so i done exactly that emptied the ink ran through the water input the ink and still nothing.

please help, and this is the cheaper solution so they say. Sad

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next