ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
CIS Canon Pixma MP610 Colour Problem urgent please help!
Given your other post it seems you have hit a poor kit all told... Perhaps it'd be worth casting around for something a little better supported..

Problem here is that I build my own kits but it's not something I'd recommend to most folks because it requires a lot of painful lessons to get right (and I'm still learning) but so far I seem to have found that:
  • Pressure needs to be kept minimal (ink levels no higher than an inch from the base of the printer) on a Canon CIS so a marriote bottle system is often the best approach or a raised printer to ensure correct pressures.
  • Use of a single .5. or 1mm silicon grommet placed on top of the rubber grommet provides an additional seal against the cartridge exit port and that helps remove any air leakage
  • When using sponged cartridges it's often a good idea to purge the cartridges completely to remove any algae, clogged/old/dried ink, etc... How you do this is a bit up to you but I've found a good hose combination that tends to blast through using tap water. This is a whole other topic however and you should check nifty-stuff forums for info on how you could handle the task.

Beyond that lot it's all down to accepting the warranty message and occassional chip faults.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2