ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
CIS Canon MP610, now screwed i think can it be repaired?
Post CIS Canon MP610, now screwed i think can it be repaired? 
hi i bought a shitty ink system unfourtuantly and now i think my printer may be fooked can anyone please help.

what happened is its a 5 cartridge system and the pigmant black cartridge didnt seem to be sealed properly after i put it in i did not relise this at first i thought the ink leaked because of where the CIS was but it wasnt that, so pigmant black leaked all in my printer.

would this completly screw my printer or can it be saved by getting some print head flush or something plus its leaked all in the printer.

any suggestions please help

p.s. dont be stupid and buy from these
http://ink.supply.hk/index.php

Ok... it could be good-ish news or just plain bad depending on where the ink has gone.

In the main it's probably just dropped into the base of the printer and thus been soaked up by your printers absorbant waste ink pad.. However even if it's not leaking out now it may do in the future so you probably want to move your printer so it's sitting in a tray that will catch any seepage to be on the safe side.

Next up I'd pop some OEM cartridges in there and see if the printer will still actually print. If it does then you're probably going to be ok, if not it may be you need a new printhead (see inkcessories on ebay).

All in all though it sounds like you learned one of a bunch of lessons that CIS kits pass out to poor folks like you and me on an all too regular basis. I personally have wasted over 2 litres of ink in 3 years thanks to the waste ink modification on Epson printers so you're not alone believe me Razz

excellent cheers its mainly leaked on the absorbant pad i believe (where the cartridges sit on standby?) i will begetting some OEM cartridges to test and i thought head cleaner aswell as there all black now.

do you not advice getting another CIS then or maybe get another from another company?? if so could u reccommend as i know my friend has an epson one and has no trouble so there not all bad right?

excellent cheers its mainly leaked on the absorbant pad i believe (where the cartridges sit on standby?) i will begetting some OEM cartridges to test and i thought head cleaner aswell as there all black now.

Well chances are you should probably get some lint free cloth or possible some cotton buds (dunno what they call them locally) and just gently clean up any ink residue left inside the printhead where the cartridge sit. I'd avoid touching the underside of the printhead though as this can knacker the head completely.. Everything else might benefit from a small amount of cleaning fluid into the resting pad but otherwise you can probably leave well alone.. Your mileage may vary as they say and you're the one on the scene Smile

Quote:
do you not advice getting another CIS then or maybe get another from another company?? if so could u reccommend as i know my friend has an epson one and has no trouble so there not all bad right?

Trouble is that Epson cartridges are, by design, a lot more CIS friendly because of the way the cartridge and printhead connect. In the Epson the printhead has a "male" post which sticks into the cartridge female port. The general seal is approximately 2mm in depth so air leaks are virtually impossible unless the cartridge itself is crap and has a break elsewhere.

In the Canons however you have this wide port and a very light interface between cartridge and printhead port. In normal cartridges the air leak is not an issue as liquid surface tension, gravity, etc... all ensure that ink flows, whereas on a CIS air seal is vital. This is why I'd go with a kit that does provide the extra grommets. You're likely to find that all kits are very similar but look around for a supplier that's learned all the problems and resolved them. Couldn't suggest any sadly as I build my own and haven't had cause to test out multiple kits but look around and hopefully you'll find what you need.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1