RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Ciss Canon Pixma IX4000
Post Ciss Canon Pixma IX4000 
Hi

After a lot of trouble I installed a ciss on my Canon Pixma 4000

But the thing is not working:
When I connect (click) all 4 cardridges in the holder : computer tells me: Hardwareproblem.
Printers tell me rhe same bij flashing 15 times..

Problem is when I "remove" the yellow, the computer say:
There is no yellow (but the other colors are no problem)
I put the yellow back and remove the magenta, the computer say: there is no magenta and the other colors are no problem.
When I put back all the cartridges: the computer say: problem with ink etc.
remove cartridges with non-burning lights...
(and ofcourse they are all burning...)

Think I answered this question on nifty-stuff forum and there you said it was a newer pixma model... Think it was a 4200?

IIRC it'll be problems with the chips.

is a Pixma 4000
I was on that forum too.

But the problem still exist...
Mad

I doubt if it is of any use to change the chips again.
Mainly becourse they are (seperate) recognised correctly.

is a Pixma 4000
I was on that forum too.

I'm guessing you mean an iX4000, not the iP4000 which is a useful distinction to make.

Quote:
But the problem still exist...

I doubt if it is of any use to change the chips again.
Mainly becourse they are (seperate) recognised correctly.

So, have you replaced the chips with ones from other cartridges and have you made sure that cyan went to cyan, etc?

I have an iX4000 myself so I know they can work with refilled cartridges although from what you've said it would appear that your best option is to get a new set of cartridges (expensive I know) and replace the ones in there with the new set. If that solves the problem then you'll know it is the chips, if it doesn't then the problem is with the printer and you'll need to send it off for repair.

Ooh, and before I forget, it's worth checking the little cartridge reader sensor (look for two little dots peeking through a hole in the metal bar [left side] that the printhead passes over). If this has any gunk or rubbish covering or smeared on it, that won't help.

its IX 4000 ( I forgot to wrote that down)..

I Am sure to have placed the chips in good order (cyan tot cyan) etc.

I think you're right to set all the chips, but I was looking for a bit cheaper solution.
Also becourse I already did it 10 times and spend a lot new (expensive) chips...

( A few days ago I saw a complet set of empty cartridges (with new chips) for 20 €. Maybe that is an option.)

I don't think there is anything wrong with printer course at this moment the orginal cartridges are in the printer.

And everything works OK.

You are absolutly right !
its IX 4000 ( I forgot to wrote that down)..

I Am sure to have placed the chips in good order (cyan tot cyan) etc.

I think you're right to set all the chips, but I was looking for a bit cheaper solution.
Also becourse I already did it 10 times and spend a lot new (expensive) chips...

( A few days ago I saw a complet set of empty cartridges (with new chips) for 20 €. Maybe that is an option.)

I don't think there is anything wrong with printer course at this moment the orginal cartridges are in the printer.

And everything works OK.

I can think of a better option... 20Euros for a set of empty cartridges is daylight robbery!!

I would look on ebay or even ask on nifty-stuff.com to see if anyone has some empty carts you could use... I would offer to help myself but unfortunately I need all my cartridges and chips for a new project of my own.

Best of luck with it... and just to let you know I've just checked my own Pixma IX4000 and aside from an ink contamination issue the system works fine so it's not likely to be the printer.

Hope that helps.

I got some secondlife (empty) cardridges at the local refillstation for free.
They all didn't work..
(the refilled ones - with secondhand chips - are here 4- 7,5 Euro )
( Thats why I thought of trying the empty cartridges with new chips for 20 Euro.)

I will look on nifty-stuff.com

Thanks for reacting and thinking Wink !

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the problem is actually within the printer carriage itself (ie: the bit that moves back and forth, and hold the printhead/cartridges).

You might want to check for any bent pins that read the chips.. Also I'd check for any deposits on the little sensor that reads the prism when you first start up the printer (and at various other points). It sits in a small hole in the long metal strip inside the printer slightly forward and under the print carriage. The sensor looks like a couple of tiny eyes.

Hmm... I'll try and take some photos and get those up so it's easier to understand what I'm trying to say Smile

I'll look at that.

Still don't understand why every color is recognised if checked separately.
And the problem only exist when all 4 colors are connected...

And why there are no problems at all with the original cartridges...

(And in both cases all light are burning..)

At a guess it's most likely because you have 2 cartridges with chips that identify them as the same type. The printer can throw a fit if it thinks it's got two cartridges with the same cyan chip for example.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1