ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Epson R300 HELP!!
Post Epson R300 HELP!! 
I have a R300 with a CIS. I went on vacation I got back to a couple of clog heads. I went through the whole process pulled the system used a syringe to clean the each head. But when I placed the CIS back in the printer nothing. No color at all. I read a little about using a syringe to pull ink down to the port that fits on on the post. That seemed to help. At one time or another in the past two day I have seen good nozzle checks from each color so I think they aren't the problem. I can get a color or two to work. Once I had 5 of the 6 working. I took the cartridge out to re prime that line and the post and when I put it back I lost two more other colors. I am not sure what the trick is here.

As a secondary note. I added a external waste tank. I read about guys see tons of waste in them. I been working on this thing for 2 or 3 day on there isn't but 4 drops in the tank. I am not sure what to do with this thing.

I also noticed that my magneta is leaking when removed from the printer. I am not sure if that means it is bad?

Any idea or thoughts would be great.
I got the CIS from this place. http://www.inkjetsoutlet.com/bulk-tld10-t048.htm

Post Re: Epson R300 HELP!! 
Right, from everything you've said your problem is air bubbles in the printhead.

jodajen2 wrote:
I have a R300 with a CIS. I went on vacation I got back to a couple of clog heads. I went through the whole process pulled the system used a syringe to clean the each head.

How exactly did you "clean" the heads?

Quote:
But when I placed the CIS back in the printer nothing. No color at all. I read a little about using a syringe to pull ink down to the port that fits on on the post. That seemed to help.

Right, ok, so this contradicts things a little... If I read this bit correctly you're using a syringe to re-prime the cartridges in your CIS kit.

First things first then... Are you using the syringe with the cartridge pointing down (as it would sit in the printer)? If you don't do this you won't pull any of the air bubbles out of the feed mechanism and you'll just be creating a rod for your own back.
Next up, before you remove the cartridges from the printer you should always clamp or crimp the tubing to stop any ink or air flowing into the cartridge. Obviously re-priming requires you to draw ink from the reservoir but you should only ever unclamp when the syringe is ready to draw air/ink and then re-clamp before you remove the syringe again.

Quote:
At one time or another in the past two day I have seen good nozzle checks from each color so I think they aren't the problem. I can get a color or two to work. Once I had 5 of the 6 working. I took the cartridge out to re prime that line and the post and when I put it back I lost two more other colors. I am not sure what the trick is here.

Yeah, chances are you're allowing air back into the cartridges or the exit ports and the trouble is that each time you remove the cartridges you always get a little air in the exit ports which again can get back into the printhead. It becomes a vicious circle.

Quote:
As a secondary note. I added a external waste tank. I read about guys see tons of waste in them. I been working on this thing for 2 or 3 day on there isn't but 4 drops in the tank. I am not sure what to do with this thing.

That's a whole other issue but something you want to check on.

Quote:
I also noticed that my magneta is leaking when removed from the printer. I am not sure if that means it is bad?

This indicates my guess about your approach to clamping the tubing is correct, ie: I don't think you're doing it. Never rely on the internal mechanism in the cartridge to seal the cartridge against taking in air. For the magenta to be dripping it needs for the ink to be replaced with something. Air gets in easier than fluid so that tends to be what happens.

Overall, my recommendation would be to check your CIS kit for instructions on repriming your kit, remove the kit as is and replace with some OEM cartridges. ... in fact I was all ready to write a guide when I remember this already exists here:
http://www.inksupply.com/cobratrouble.cfm

Go through that little lot and it should help enormously. The key thing throughout though is patience. Don't expect to solve this in a matter of minute or hours. Sometimes walking away and returning a day later can make all the difference.

Quote:
Any idea or thoughts would be great.
I got the CIS from this place. http://www.inkjetsoutlet.com/bulk-tld10-t048.htm

Hope the above helps and best of luck..

Post Thanks for the info. 
Martin,
I will give your suggestions a try. I have a question regarding what you said. Is is possible for there to be air in the print head/ink post? The tube/holes on the top of each color post are so small I thought that there would be capillary action and it would be difficult to get air in them unless you force them in with a syringe.
The reason I ask is that I used a ink cleaning solution and the syringe on each post but I wondered if the viscousity of the cleaning solution was thin enough to leak out before I had a chance to install the cartridge. Could it leak out? Is it better to clean the post and then prime the post with ink?
I am not trying to make this harder then it should be. I have tried to be patience. I am debating just replacing the printer because of the hassle.

Post Re: Thanks for the info. 
jodajen2 wrote:
Martin,
I will give your suggestions a try. I have a question regarding what you said. Is is possible for there to be air in the print head/ink post? The tube/holes on the top of each color post are so small I thought that there would be capillary action and it would be difficult to get air in them unless you force them in with a syringe.

Oh believe me you can get air into the printhead nozzles themselves and it's an absolute b*stard to get them out. The problem is that air can be drawn in by sucking through the base of the printhead which is what the cleaning routine does.

Quote:
The reason I ask is that I used a ink cleaning solution and the syringe on each post but I wondered if the viscousity of the cleaning solution was thin enough to leak out before I had a chance to install the cartridge. Could it leak out? Is it better to clean the post and then prime the post with ink?

Having used this approach myself I've noticed that you tend to get a little down time in which the printer needs to settle when you've replaced the cleaning cartridges or syringed them. Sitting a properly primed set of CIS cartridges in the printer and letting them just settle, running a single cleaning routine, letting it settle (for an hour or even longer), then trying to print a 4 colour purge pattern before running another cleaning cycle and letting it sit some more tends to do the trick...

More often than not the times when I've come unglued have been when I've tried to rush things and ended up trying to force the printer to clean itself instead of taking it slow...

Quote:
I am not trying to make this harder then it should be. I have tried to be patience.

Well, you could go that route... I guess the thing with patience is knowing when to be patient and when it's a waste of time. Good luck anyways, and hope that helps.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1