ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Original HP chips on L7780 CIS?
Post Original HP chips on L7780 CIS? 
Martin, or anyone else: Have you tried running a CIS system with original HP chips from genuine HP cartridges to see what happens when it runs out of ink? I have a strong feeling it would work better than the auto reset chips which really seem to confuse the printer at times. I had always used original HP chips/cartridges to build my own CIs systems and NEVER had a problem, I've ONLY had problems since starting to use auto reset chips, and now I want to go back to original HP chips but have never tried that on the L7780, so I'd like to know if someone tried first.

Thanks

Post Re: Original HP chips on L7780 CIS? 
aab1 wrote:
Martin, or anyone else: Have you tried running a CIS system with original HP chips from genuine HP cartridges to see what happens when it runs out of ink? I have a strong feeling it would work better than the auto reset chips which really seem to confuse the printer at times. I had always used original HP chips/cartridges to build my own CIs systems and NEVER had a problem, I've ONLY had problems since starting to use auto reset chips, and now I want to go back to original HP chips but have never tried that on the L7780, so I'd like to know if someone tried first.

Thanks

In truth, not yet but I'll think about giving it a try sometime soon.. The only hiccup I could foresee is that the printer will ask for a confirmation every time you turn the printer on... It'll be a little while yet but I'll let you know when I do...

Currently concentrating on a stable, simple, high capacity (400ml) reservoir system for the HP's at the moment...

Alright I had typed a reply and clicked preview rather than post and it dissapeared, I'm in a rush so here it is again quick:

I never turn my printer on or off so that's not a problem, and when it does come back on the rare times it gets off, it never bothers me with the auto reset chips.

What I do for large ink tanks is I have a 500ml bottle for each color and drill a hole in each cap to fit the tubes and run the tube long enough through the hole to reach the bottom of the bottles, I then use a small needle and hammer a tiny hole next to the tube hole to allow air in (tried without doind that once and the printer's pump squished the bottle under the pressure due to ink being pumped out and no air getting in to replace it).

I'm copying this in case I loose it a 2nd time.

I never turn my printer on or off so that's not a problem, and when it does come back on the rare times it gets off, it never bothers me with the auto reset chips.

Yeah, that's good for you but in my case I have to support schools and assume the "worst case" scenario especially as some of my schools have regular power cuts and the like.

Quote:
What I do for large ink tanks is I have a 500ml bottle for each color and drill a hole in each cap to fit the tubes and run the tube long enough through the hole to reach the bottom of the bottles, I then use a small needle and hammer a tiny hole next to the tube hole to allow air in (tried without doind that once and the printer's pump squished the bottle under the pressure due to ink being pumped out and no air getting in to replace it).

Yeah, we're getting off topic now though... That's a CIS system and nothing to do with the chips.. Let's try and keep on topic Wink

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1