ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
HP K550 - ARC chips? and compare to K5400
aab1 wrote:
Thats what I meant, of all HP printers I've refilled/installed a CIS, all of them worked fine with the original HP cartridges and chips, MUCH better than my L7780 is working with the auto chips, that's why I think it will work much better if I put original HP chips inside instead.

Hmm... odd.

Quote:
HPs do not need auto reset chips, at least none of the ones I ever used, but I haven't tested the L7780 without auto reset chips, but don't see why HP would have added an anti refill system when none of their other printers have any anti refill measures at all, in fact HPs are the most refill friendly printers there are: They have the refill hole for any user to access, and have no chips to prevent refilling (the chips are not used for that, they are used to monitor ink levels and expiration dates, not to prevent refilling).

So, am I right in thinking that I would need a chip that hadn't already declared itself empty then? If I'm right that might be why I'm hitting problems.

Cheers.. Smile

I'm not sure, I've always started with cartridges that were not yet empty I beleive, but I don't see what difference it would make.

martin, any luck on sourcing those reset chips? i still have a CISS that's pouting and i'd like to use it - many thanks!

My samples arrived a couple of days ago but there are a couple of issues I'm trying to resolve before I place an order. The main one being that I had to use a knife to separate the chips from circuit board wastage which normally isn't necessary because the chip edges are scored to allow them to be broken off easily. That and the HP10 chip in a set of HP10/11 chips doesn't work either.

So far though the HP88 chips seem to be fine... Just got to run off enough printing to get them to reset and check they actually work ok Smile

Martin wrote:
So, am I right in thinking that I would need a chip that hadn't already declared itself empty then? If I'm right that might be why I'm hitting problems.

I'm not sure, I've always started with cartridges that were not yet empty I believe, but I don't see what difference it would make.

Well all of the kits I've been working with have been declared empty by the printer and these do not continue to work with the printer as part of a CIS.

I do have a set of new OEMs though so I may just swap out the plastic chip holders on those and see if it makes any difference.

Cheers.

Are you referring to original HP cartridge chips? And in what printer?

What exactly happens for it to not work?

In my experience this is always what happens:
-It warns you of low ink several times
-It eventually figures out you refilled and never, ever bothers you again with ink messages

ALL HP printers I had behaved this way.

Thanks

Are you referring to original HP cartridge chips? And in what printer?

What exactly happens for it to not work?

In my experience this is always what happens:
-It warns you of low ink several times
-It eventually figures out you refilled and never, ever bothers you again with ink messages

ALL HP printers I had behaved this way.

Thanks

So far I've only tried in the Business inkjet 2350 so I've yet to try with the K550 and L7680 but to answer your questions.

Yes they were original HP cartridge chips.. they were already "empty" and no I didn't get any warnings, it just refused to print.

I need to do more testing as there was a problem with the LED in the printer but so far not had much luck...

I think the BIJ 2350 is very simialr to my old Officejet 9110, is it the 10/11 cartridges?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but was there actually ink in the cartridges? The only times I got an "empty" error is when the black buldge under the cartridges doesn't re inflate, a sensor in the printer detects if the buldge doesn't re inflate, which means the cartridge is empty, and declares it empty. Simply adding ink the the cartridge so the buldge re inflates will clear the empty error, at least it did on my Officejet 9110 and K550.

I think the BIJ 2350 is very simialr to my old Officejet 9110, is it the 10/11 cartridges?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but was there actually ink in the cartridges? The only times I got an "empty" error is when the black buldge under the cartridges doesn't re inflate, a sensor in the printer detects if the buldge doesn't re inflate, which means the cartridge is empty, and declares it empty. Simply adding ink the the cartridge so the buldge re inflates will clear the empty error, at least it did on my Officejet 9110 and K550.

I think you can safely say I know how the system works now and I did check these things within reason. Part of the problem is that I've been working more on my CIS kit so I haven't had a chance to carry out a comprehensive test with this yet.

All I can say is that initial tests indicate it may not be possible with all printers... Till we've had a chance to do more tests let's hold off.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2