ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Canon Pixma MP750 (overhauling waste ink absorbers)
Post Canon Pixma MP750 (overhauling waste ink absorbers) 
I'm worried that my Pixma multifunction may seize up because of an overload of ink in the pads. Being confronted with not finding a Canon Authorised repair facility in my area and anger over the possibility of having to replace the machine, I've spent several days searching the net for alternatives and here I am. I've already changed the pads in an Epson C82 several years ago with the help of a good manual. My question is...is there someone who has gone through this with the Pixma MP750 model ? I can find the absorbant pads, but am leery of wasting time and money on inadequate manuals. I've found an "error code list" which responds (" see your service facility") and also found a MP760 service manual, which does not have the same step-by-step approach that I found for the Epson C82. Can someone clue me in as to where to find a good step-by-step tech manual to disassemble this model in order to replace the absorbant waste ink pads ?

Just to deal with this quickly the MP750 is pretty complex.. You're going to want to have a digital camera to hand to take pictures of every single step you take so you can retrace your steps. At best you're looking at around 2 hours of disassembly, a lot of swearing and likely a few extra screws you have no idea where they came from Wink

My advice would be that if you really want to avoid a repeat of this routine you should seriously consider modifying the printer to use an external waste ink tank... It'd mean drilling the case and finding the necessary parts to extend it out but it does make the whole thing a lot easier for the future.

I also need to find out how to disassemble an MP750. My printer won't print from the 3eBK cartridge even after dozens of cleanings and deep cleanings and having replaced the cartridge. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the waste ink tank hose or if I need to clean the print head, but either way I don't know how to get to it. If anyone can point me to a disassembly guide for the MP750 I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1