ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
re_ epson r265 ciss
Post re_ epson r265 ciss 
HI all dony know if anyone can help... i have epson r265 printer fitted with ciss system which had been working/flowing fine.... NOW THOUGH the black wont flow at all therefore rest of inks are lower.
CAN ANYONE HELP GET MY BLACK INK FLOWING PLEASE.. Confused

Post Re: re_ epson r265 ciss 
skdsdd12 wrote:
HI all dony know if anyone can help... i have epson r265 printer fitted with ciss system which had been working/flowing fine.... NOW THOUGH the black wont flow at all therefore rest of inks are lower.

Not sure why the black inks are lower but I'm guessing because you've tried cleaning cycles and had no success.

Usually when a CIS cartridge/line fails it's because of one of the following:
- air leak in the loop somewhere (ie: air is drawn into the cartridge replacing ink as it's used up)
- blockage in loop stopping ink from flowing to replace ink used up.

The latter sounds like it could be your problem and at a guess it's probably a poorly glued joint or similar which has resulted in the tube clogging from the beginning. Confirming this would require you to try drawing ink through the cartridge and seeing if ink will flow. It it won't you have a clog. If you hear air being pulled through then it's an air leak...

Ultimately you may be better to request a replacement unit from the supplier or try buying another one.

Hope that helps

hi martin thanks for your response... as i had said had been workin perfectly, how do i draw ink through the cartridge as you explained though? have myself tried blowing down the ink reservoir bottle to push the black down but ended up with a black mouth from blowback...lol

hi martin thanks for your response... as i had said had been workin perfectly, how do i draw ink through the cartridge as you explained though? have myself tried blowing down the ink reservoir bottle to push the black down but ended up with a black mouth from blowback...lol

Oops... *tries not to laugh and fails* Laughing Laughing

Ok... serious face back on... The best approach to this is to find a luer syringe and an adaptor like this:

http://www.inksupply.com/accessory.cfm?action=find&the_cat=1

... sometimes a luer (not a luer-lock) type syringe will work without the adaptor but the above is what I've used myself.

I've notched the thin end of the fitting to allow ink to be drawn in from the side (the end gets stoppered by the valve in the cartridge) and then push this into the out-port on the cartridge. Then it's just a case of drawing ink through the system and hopefully reducing the air level in the cartridges (but not completely).

Hopefully this gives you a slightly better idea and this little reference may help some more.
http://www.inksupply.com/cobratrouble.cfm#1

I had a similar problem with the black feed on my CISS.

When I contacted the UK supplier, he claimed it to be a problem with the printer heads which were unable to draw in the black ink which is more viscous than the coloured inks. He said he knew that Epson were aware as he was situated quite close to Epson's UK site at Telford Salop.
He suggested a fraudulent scheme in which I would buy kosher cartridges (from him of course) then speak to Epson who would ask various questions which could only be answered if I had the genuine cartridges to hand. Epson would then agree there was a problem and would arrange to replace the now obsolete R265 with a R285 which uses the same cartridges and away I would go using the CISS - problem solved.
He claimed the R285 was a better printer and that the faulty heads in the R265 which were unable to draw the black ink were part of a batch which had all been used and thus there would be no similar problem with the replacement R285.

I decided against following this suggestion because of it being fraudulent.
What I have done is to disconnect the CISS cartidges from the supply lines and to use them individually in the printer which is now working fine. The capacity of the cartidges is much greater than the genuine Epson and I check them visually (the cartridges are translucent) every couple of months using the SSC utility to move them the the exchange position and then the reset position. The chips auto reset from time to time (probably about 3 resets before they need to be filled).

If anyone needs the Adjustment program to reset the Waste counter, I have a copy and the access code supplied by Epson for the R270, whch seems to operate OK though it currently tells me that my printer does not need resetting. If anyone wants a copy, please ask.

Finally, I am using Martin's aluminised bag to collect the waste which I use as black ink - it's sometimes a bit grey but adequate for my (internal) printing purposes. If it gets wet on the paper you get some chromatographic separation of the constituent dyes!

I hope this was helpful

J

can i get copy n code 4 scc././..... please
sdlow@sdlow.karoo.co.uk

jokskot wrote:
If anyone needs the Adjustment program to reset the Waste counter, I have a copy and the access code supplied by Epson for the R270, whch seems to operate OK though it currently tells me that my printer does not need resetting. If anyone wants a copy, please ask.

Mod note: long quote snipped to the relevant bit.

Thanks for the intel there jokskot, useful to know what's being popped around by techs or sellers.

Not heard of that problem with the 265 but that doesn't mean there isn't a ring of truth to it... I'd be surprised though as Epson have been making these printheads for quite a while. The idea of using OEM carts in the printer to get problems resolved is hardly new though and is one of the reasons it's worth hanging on to the original OEM's that come with the printer in case there's a paper feed issue or whatever.

As to the black being thicker... that's news to me... I know it's a bit different (it's more expensive for starters) but not sure that that holds true... I'll check with my supplier.

jokskot wrote:
Finally, I am using Martin's aluminised bag to collect the waste which I use as black ink - it's sometimes a bit grey but adequate for my (internal) printing purposes. If it gets wet on the paper you get some chromatographic separation of the constituent dyes!

Just a small word of warning, that can clog the printheads a bit more than normal and as you said it's not the perfect black but it is a good way of doing things.. Only something you can do with the Epsons though, Canon printers have pigment and dyebase inks which mix as waste and that'd be a nasty mess.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1