ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
ink pads on Epson stylus C88
Post ink pads on Epson stylus C88 
anyone have info on how to replace or clean the ink pads on an Epson Stylus C88? I ran the counter reset program, but it says there's nothing wrong with my ink pads, yet, i get that annoying warningtelling me that there IS something wrong with my pads EVERY time i do a print! i see great info on other printers, but not this one. any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

Post Re: ink pads on Epson stylus C88 
asuss2006 wrote:
anyone have info on how to replace or clean the ink pads on an Epson Stylus C88? I ran the counter reset program, but it says there's nothing wrong with my ink pads, yet, i get that annoying warningtelling me that there IS something wrong with my pads EVERY time i do a print! i see great info on other printers, but not this one. any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

Epson did this wonderful naming thing where they called the C88, the D88 in the UK.. Hence you probably missed this little gem:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3769

Cleaning the waste ink pads or replacing them is nigh on impossible though as the printer case is essentially tuned to hold the printer together, if you get to the bottom of the pads you'd need a rig to then re-tune or calibrate it again and that's just crazy.

Much better to fit an external waste ink tank of some description and then use the SSC utility to reset it... You may find that it doesn't work as I know it had problems in the past but if that happens then this may help..
http://indoreset.blogspot.com/2007/07/by-request-epson-stylus-c87-c88-d88.html

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1