ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
[Split] Printing using limited carts
Post [Split] Printing using limited carts 
Hello everyone, I work in a printing company. I have a lexmark with 4 color cartridges and no more black. I want to print colored pictures. Does the printer use the black cartridge also when printing colored pics, or can I do it just using the colored? I am quite confused about this. I need youe opinion. Does the printer only use color catridges to print color? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by jason101 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: have a lexmark with 4 color cartridges 
jason101 wrote:
Hello everyone, I work in a printing company. I have a lexmark with 4 color cartridges and no more black. I want to print colored pictures. Does the printer use the black cartridge also when printing colored pics, or can I do it just using the colored? I am quite confused about this. I need youe opinion. Does the printer only use color catridges to print color? Thank you in advance.

Not sure why you posted where you did originally but to answer your question.

Most printers will not allow you to printer without a valid (read: not empty) cartridge in every slot. The printer may not actually use the black directly in the printing of colour documents but it will attempt to keep it functional for when you do want to use it. This means it will clean (ie: waste) ink during normal cleaning processes and complain when the cartridge is empty.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1