ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Problem moving CISS from one Epson R200 to another.
Post Problem moving CISS from one Epson R200 to another. 
I have moved my CISS from my Epson R200 (which has developed a fault) over to a spare R200 and have been getting a strange problem.

The printer insists that the yellow cartridge is out of ink. (and all the others are full).

I do not know which brand ciss this is, there is no obvious branding on the packing (model is listed as an LW-80A.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Post Re: Problem moving CISS from one Epson R200 to another. 
Zhadnost wrote:
I have moved my CISS from my Epson R200 (which has developed a fault) over to a spare R200 and have been getting a strange problem.

The printer insists that the yellow cartridge is out of ink. (and all the others are full).

I do not know which brand ciss this is, there is no obvious branding on the packing (model is listed as an LW-80A.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Chances are the chip or the metal contacts that connect to the chip are damaged or dirty in your "new" printer. I'd check the chip is clean and that it's seated properly on the CIS cartridge, then check that the little metal contact wires in the printhead aren't bent or damaged in any way.

Worth also noting that sometimes the printer says one chip is faulty when it's actually another one causing the problem so worth checking them all over.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help, I have ordered a set of new chips.

I am tempted to take a chip out of an old yellow cart and use my reprogrammer, to keep going in the meantime (but I've found some jet tec carts that still have the last 30% in them to get through first(.

You were absolutely right, it was caused by the chip in the black cartridge. (how peculiar).

Thanks for all your help.

You were absolutely right, it was caused by the chip in the black cartridge. (how peculiar).

Thanks for all your help.

Glad you got that one sussed out... In truth I've no idea why different chips give different readings but it's probably down to the wiring between the different chip segments in that it's probably not isolated to each chip. Who knows... either way, success so all good Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1