ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Neep help with my Epson SP 1400
Post Neep help with my Epson SP 1400 
HellO

I have been using the A3 Epson SP 1400 for half a year now with a CIS system and have made some beautiful printouts, at first the prints came out amazing, but now my printer has stopped working and keeps showing paper jam problem and doesn’t print, there's nothing wrong with the paper feeder , the problem is when i go to print, the printer does its cycles getting ready to print, then feeds paper through and sets it up, then the paper jam and power lights start flashing at the same time and doesn’t start printing and says "Paper jam /cd tray jam", I've tried reading tons of forums and trying things like cleaning rubber paper feeder wheel, checking foreign objects and have even set up a waste ink tank and tried resetting the printer, but still nothing Confused .....would be so grateful if somebody can help me with this.
Thank You so much in advance if someone can offer me any help.

Just to repeat my advice that I posted initially on nifty-stuff:

Quote:
Usually a key indicator of where/what is causing the jam is to look for any indications of where the jam focus is.

If there's a single point, the folds of the jam tend to point to it so it's well worth trying to "read" the folds and paper crumpling to help nail down the problem area and then examine it carefully.

You may also have the paper rising up slightly due to some object in the paper path and this can lift the paper above the slot it would normally exit through and cause the same sort of pile up. So it's worth looking in the area that the paper passes over too.

Hope that helps... Smile

Post Thanks! 
Hi

Yes heheh...wanted to get as much help as I could with this.

I am going to use the Nifty-stuff com forum to post more replies, as I got 2 replies from there.

Thanks!

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1