ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
dots on paper
Post dots on paper 
I've been using a City Express Cis system for years on a Canon Pixma MP 600. In fact this is the second MP 600 I've had (I wore the first one out). I print a 24 page colour church magazine each month and as the MP600 prints both sides of the paper it is ideal, and with the CISS it makes costs very cheap.

However, recently I've been getting six tracks of black dotted lines on the paper, three on each side about 2.5 cm apart. This doesn't happen with a blank sheet going through and I've cleaned the rollers.

Does anyone know what is causing this, or is it time for a new printer and CISS? This printer is about 16 months old but works quite hard, producing approx 3000 sides per month.

It could be that there's ink in a roller further back in the system but that's just a "sucking eggs" type suggestion... My next guess would be that there's a build up of ink somewhere in the system, possibly on the bottom of the printhead that's dripping down onto the paper.

I'd be loath to remove your CIS system from the printer though as that tends to naff up the whole system, so if you can live with the dots, I'd just look for alternative causes or ignore it.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1