ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
[HELP] Epson 1400
Post [HELP] Epson 1400 
I've just purchased a Epson Photo 1400 A3 printer. I intend to fit a CIS to it, and during my searching on the internet, discovered it would make sense also to fit a Waste Ink tank / bag.

Trouble is I can't find any details as to how to do it for my printer.
Can someone tell me:

1) is it possible
2) supply instructions (or even better images too)

Also is the method for resetting this printer known, so that whenever it thinks its waste ink pads are probably due to be changed, I'll be able to reset it and start again, without having to take it for servicing.

Post Re: Help to Provide Waste Ink bag / Tank to Epson 1400 Print 
amazon1 wrote:
1) is it possible

The only question you have to ask with the Epson printers is how many waste ink tubes does the printer have. Usually with A3 printers there's two of them and given the visible design compared to the R800/1800 it's highly likely that the 1400 is no exception.

Quote:
2) supply instructions (or even better images too)

Unfortunately this is one of those chicken and egg situations.. Nobody out there (to my knowledge) has published any info on how to do this with the 1400. Much as I'd love to buy one of those babies in and work it out myself it's prohibitively expensive (following a wedding) and space is at a premium in the workshop at the moment.

In a nutshell I'm waiting for either someone else to do it, a faulty unit to be donated or someone to be willing to ship a unit over for me to figure it out and document/fit a tank myself.

Quote:
Also is the method for resetting this printer known, so that whenever it thinks its waste ink pads are probably due to be changed, I'll be able to reset it and start again, without having to take it for servicing.

At present there's no known reset utilities out there outside of the USA... Epson in the US have introduced a system that allows US customers to get a utility to handle the task but no such luck elsewhere. I've looked hard but found no utility capable at this time.

Word of warning though... Some trojans are repacked and advertised as adjustment utilities for high demand printers so if you ever find a utility make sure you check it thoroughly for virii and malware infection before you even think about running it.

I did a bit more digging and got lucky... well sort of...

The service manual and resetter are available from 2manuals.com at a price...

I guess first of all once I know better the layout of my machine, that one of the twin bag units which you can supply would probably do the job.

Regarding finding the tubes themselves, I've had a look at the Ink Republic.com images for R800 / 1800 Waste Ink Tube & Bottle Installation. The ink tubes may be located inside the printer in the same location, but the actual plastic casing appears different, and having taken a look at how to actually remove the necessary part of it to gain access, currently it has me stumped.

I might end up having to pay for the service manual, the link for which you managed to source.

Thanks for the photo you sent through earlier... It didn't occur to me to look on ebay to see how other waste ink bottles or tanks had been setup and I confirmed that the R1400 does indeed only have a single waste ink tube.

It also appears that a little modification is required to the case to allow the tube to get out of the case (or the side of the printer can be left off). Perhaps not ideal but if your printer is already at "service required" point it's a "do or die" type scenario.

I'll post up the images once I've managed to get a full set of the process..

Just to note that I've got a comprehensive guide up and running on Octoink now.

All details (for ease) here:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4164

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1