ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
RX585 no longer recognising my autoreset refill cartridges
Post RX585 no longer recognising my autoreset refill cartridges 
Hi.

This is pretty much my problem. Turned my printer off one day and when turning it on all 6 cartridges came up on the display as not recognised. Tried virtually everything i know of. Swapping the cartridges around in the slots (I know thats not a good idea due to contaminating heads with other ink etc), unplugging it (its now been unplugged for weeks cos of this problem) and even tried uninstalling the printer before replugging it in again.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I cant afford to buy a new printer (I've had this about a year)

Sorry... VERY late reply... but the most likely cause is that the chips have either expired and/or failed.

If your CIS seller is any good they'll replace the chips for you, if not, you're best not wasting your time and locating an alternative supplier that does offer good after sales support that covers chip failures.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1