ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Frustrated with R2400 with Perma-jet Eco-flo
Post Frustrated with R2400 with Perma-jet Eco-flo 
I bought a second-hand Epson R2400 fitted with Eco-flo system and it worked fine for a while. Then I made the mistake of leaving it for a few weeks without printing and not closing off the tubes with the clips! When I tried it again I was getting foam in some of the tubes so spent ages priming them again to no avail. Needing to print off a job, I bought a set of recycled Epson-compatible cartridges from Inkcycle (Green 2) and removed the CIS system - but my printer now refuses to accept them! Am I going to have to buy a set of Epson cartridges to get the show on the road again - or will that be a waste of money? My aim is to clean out the CIS when I have a moment and reinstall (I think I may have air leaks at the cartridge end of the tubes) ... (BTW I also installed a waste ink device for Octoink)

Post Re: Frustrated with R2400 with Perma-jet Eco-flo 
freddo wrote:
I bought a second-hand Epson R2400 fitted with Eco-flo system and it worked fine for a while. Then I made the mistake of leaving it for a few weeks without printing and not closing off the tubes with the clips! When I tried it again I was getting foam in some of the tubes so spent ages priming them again to no avail.

On the "foam" issue... This is really something that isn't a deal breaker, if you know how to deal with it and have the tools for the job.

Either a luer slip or a syringe with one of these little adaptors will allow you to draw ink (and foam) through the CIS system, out the port the printer normally draws ink from, and essentially freshen the whole supply line. It's important to keep the cartridge upright, in the same way it would be if installed in the printer while you draw the ink through. It's also wise to allow the printer half an hour or so for the ink to settle once you've reinstalled it back in the printer. Overall though, this works much better than multiple cleaning routines, and far less wasteful of ink.

Quote:
Needing to print off a job, I bought a set of recycled Epson-compatible cartridges from Inkcycle (Green 2) and removed the CIS system - but my printer now refuses to accept them! Am I going to have to buy a set of Epson cartridges to get the show on the road again - or will that be a waste of money? My aim is to clean out the CIS when I have a moment and reinstall (I think I may have air leaks at the cartridge end of the tubes) ... (BTW I also installed a waste ink device for Octoink)

That shouldn't be necessary... You have to remember that the new cartridges may be the problem with incompatible chips or something along those lines... If the chips aren't playing ball it sometimes pays to remove all cartridges, disconnect the power and USB, then leave to sit for 24/48 hours. This seems to clear any memory of the old chips and allows the printer to stop sulking.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1