Help Please Newbie here
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

ContinuousInk.info -> CIS systems

#1: Help Please Newbie here Author: mad_ary PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:53 pm
    —
i have been using a cis sytem for bout 2 weeks now i recently topped it up with new ink bought from ebay and all the colours work fine except for black if i open paint and print ten black pages it has lines across if i clean the head then after 2-3 times the black ink comes through then its the same again i know shouldnt clean the head to often. can you please advice im real sorry im a tottal newbie at this thanks in advance

#2: Re: Help Please Newbie here Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:10 am
    —
mad_ary wrote:
i have been using a cis sytem for bout 2 weeks now i recently topped it up with new ink bought from ebay and all the colours work fine except for black if i open paint and print ten black pages it has lines across if i clean the head then after 2-3 times the black ink comes through then its the same again i know shouldnt clean the head to often. can you please advice im real sorry im a tottal newbie at this thanks in advance

I guess the key things to ask are:
  • is the new ink you bought on eBay from the same supplier as your original batch?
  • Are the inks both of the same type ie: dyebase or pigment?
  • Did the problems only start after you topped up your reservoirs?
  • What is your system and where did you get it?
  • Anything else you can think of that might help?

Can't promise any solutions but at the moment it sounds a little like you may have mixed incompatible inks together or the topping up process has created a flow problem which is starving the printhead.

ContinuousInk.info -> CIS systems

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1