dell 922 replacement question
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

#1: dell 922 replacement question Author: joshyjosh2 PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:09 am
    —
Hello, my sister has a Dell 922 AIO printer, she needs an inkjet AIO printer for space reasons and such. Problem with the Dell 922 is that ink cartridges cost a fortune. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to get her a Canon MP780 and just stock up on third party ink cartridges? I know third party color may differ but it doesnt need to be dead on, she has a canon photo printer with oem carts.

Do you think thats a good way to go for cheap prints, or would the printhead need constant replacement and I will end up saving nothing in the long run?

Thanks for your opinions!

#2:  Author: MartinLocation: South Yorkshire, UK PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:43 pm
    —
The MP780 is an EXCELLENT printer and if it weren't for the fact that I need to work with newer models like the 830, etc.. (for the sake of my client schools) I would have grabbed a slew of those and used them.

The one thing I would definitely recommend though is that you spend a little time on nifty-stuff.com forums and take note of the best 3rd party (after market) cartridge suppliers and buy your consumables from them. I made the mistake of picking some ebay rubbish compats when I was just after some cheap things to test with and ended up with a clogged printhead for my trouble so it's worth being patient.

So bottom line, if you can get an MP780, go for it.. well worth the money..

ContinuousInk.info -> Printer tech discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1